The Curious Critters Club began in New Zealand to impart the love of science and the discovery and care of all life. They currently have 2 interactive storybook apps in the series available. These apps are free and created by Yoozoo and La boîte à pitons. The apps encourage exploration of a child’s immediate surroundings and reinforce the care of all creatures. By learning about the life and needs of others, we begin slowly to learn the ability to take another’s perspective. And that is the seed of compassion that is planted and rediscovered on a continuous basis.
Inside Call of the GIANT EAGLE
Call of the GIANT EAGLE written by Julian Stokoe and Illustrated by Steve Wilson is part of the Curious Critters Club Collection by Yoozoo. In this interactive storybook, we get an introduction to the Curious Critters Club by accompanying Niko, Poppy, and the story’s narrator – Alex on an adventure to find the Giant Eagle or “Te Hokoi” in the kauri forests. Te Hokoi is a Maori word and the eagle was thought to be purely mythological until large bones were uncovered supporting their existence. At first, the trio is a little scared, but soon find their natural curiosity propelling them forward on their mission. They find a band of environmental exploiters ravaging the forest after climbing a great tree to look out as to what may be causing loss to the ecosystem. Chupps and his band of rats are destroying the forest to build a luxury castle, and don’t seem to care about the giant eagle’s habitat.
Suddenly, the cry of Te Hokoi is heard. The rats flee, but Chupps persists with Alex hanging in the balance of the old tree. Oh no, he falls! What happens? Is Alex safe? Did he find the Te Hokoi? You’ll need to download to find out.
Inside The Mystery of Caddy
The Curious Critters Club in Canada seeks to find out about The Mystery of CADDY. It is written by Alain Bergeron and illustrated by Steve Wilson and brought to app form by Yoozoo. Friends Elliot and Emma explore their environs to find Caddy, a most strange and mysterious creature that hides in the waters of Cadboro Bay. The Caddy or Cadborosaurus an animal with the body of a sea serpent and the head of a horse. He hasn’t really been spotted yet, but that doesn’t stop this pair from their mission of discovering new species or verifying creatures from myth and legend.
And so, their journey begins with the recent newspaper report of a possible sighting of the Cadborosaurus. Out on the Bay by the edge of the woods, they encounter tracks…and NOT from Caddy, but a mother BEAR and her cubs. An ANGRY MOTHER BEAR – OH NO!!! They are trapped until…A powerful shadow behind scares the bear away. Was it Caddy? All they spot on their boat is the notorious Captain Grouper making off with Caddy in his net. Can they save their new-found hero from his clutches? Download this delightful story now to find out, and maybe you and Bluebee form your own Curious Critters Club right in your own home!
Bluebee loves hearing stories about animals of the earth, sea, and sky. And wants all children to love and respect the earth and all creatures that live there. For Bluebee to interact with the Curious Critters Club, follow these steps from HOW IT WORKS on Bluebee Pals Website.
Pairing Bluebee with your Bluetooth® Device
- Keep Bluebee Pals and your device within 3ft of each other when pairing.
- Power on – Open the back panel of Bluebee Pals and slide the Power Switch (1) to ON position. Your Bluebee will say “My name is Bluebee. Please pair and connect me using the Bluetooth® located on your device”.
- Go to “Settings” on your device, turn on the Bluetooth® function, and search for “Bluebee Pals”.
- If the pairing is successful, your Bluebee will say “Connection succeeded”.
- If Bluebee cannot find a device in two minutes, it will say “No one is here, please try again”. Please check your device to make sure it is not connecting to other Bluetooth® equipment.
- NOTE: Bluebee Pals can only connect with one Bluetooth® device at a time.
- Bluebee will go into sleep mode if there is no signal for five minutes. Just turn the power OFF and ON, and repeat the connection process.
- Bluebee remembers the last connected device and will reconnect automatically.
Bluebee will now play with the paired app. Enjoy!!!